With immense pleasure I am announcing a very popular event – cooking with seeds a very creative and wonderful event started by star blogger Priya of Priya’s easy n tasty recipes. I would like to extend my warm wishes to Priya for starting and making this wonderful event a huge success and thanks for letting me guest host this wonderful event.
For the month of January, Chickpeas has been selected as the star for the CWS event, the seed has been in culinary use since the dawn of civilization. Known for its high protein content, chickpeas and the desi variety that we called as ‘chola’ is deep rooted in Indian and Mediterranean culinary traditions, where it is also known as Garbanzo beans. A high source of fiber and mineral content, chickpeas are extremely versatile when comes to their culinary use. Here is a brief profile of chickpeas as described in Wiki, if you are too inquisitive about this seed.
The guidelines of the event as always are simple :
1) Cook and blog about a dish which contains chickpeas as main ingredient, you can send both veg and non-veg dishes.
2) Please add this announcement link, and link to Priya’s announcement page – to your post.
3) Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans, should only be used in the recipe, as this event explores the versatility of chickpeas as seed. You can mash the chickpeas, can make patties or anything you like, but it should be a star ingredient in the recipe.
Just sprinkling few chickpeas in any salad will not consider as a valid entry.
Kala chana (desi variety) and chickpea flour or besan or any other derivatives are not included.
4) Adding the logo to your post will help spread the word.
5. Send in as many entries as you wish. Archives entries are also accepted but do
make a link to the post with both the announcements.
6. Non bloggers are also welcome to participate.
7. The last date for the entries is January 31st 2012.
8. Drop a mail to – email@example.com with these details
- Your name and name of your blog
- Recipe and URL
- Picture of your dish.[Please re-size your images]
Thanks a lot for supporting the CWS event and if you need any further clarifications, please let us know, leave a comment here or drop a mail at the above address.
Best wishes and looking forward to your wonderful entries
Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year 2012