I feel so happy to announce yet another successful roundup of Healing foods which was started by Siri and this month it was guest hosted by me, where theme was coconut to celebrate the Indian Festivities. So, present here is colorful and delicious roundup where humble coconut has been scraped to dish out so many delectable dishes.
Thanks everyone for sending such lovely recipes to the event and thanks Siri for letting me hosting this wonderful event.
1) Coconut fudge from Poonam of Kishmeesh
2) Curried butternut squash and yellow pea soup from Amy of Savory moments
4) Coconut jaggery laddoo from Sravani of Srav’s culinary concepts
5) Corn almond kurma , Choco coconut ladoos , Cashew Coconut barfi, Spiced lentil broth , jaggery coconut fritters , Fresh gooseberry chutney , curry lead chutney , Coconut Pulav from Kalyani of Sizzling tastebuds
7) Pineapple Curry in Coconut Milk from Sadhana of Sensibleveg
8) Coconut Barfi from Mom’s corner
9) Unniyappam / Sweet Paniyaram from Deepti of Panchamrutham
10) Butternut Squash, Coconut and Lentil Stew from Janet of Tastespace
11) Pumpkin Coconut Snack Cake from Genevieve of Vanilla & Spice
12) Avial / mixed vegetable in yogurt stew from Anusha of Tomatoblues
13) Coconut Plantain Soup from Kalinda of Wheat free meat free
14) Malabar Vegetable Ishtew with Set Dosa from Taruna of Easy food smith
15) Coconut and milk solid fudge from Sayantani of A Homemaker’s diary
17) Coconut Almond rum Balls from Richa of Hobby and more
18) Coconut Ladoo with a surprise stuffing from Priya of Priya’s Feast
19) Rava Laddoo from Manasi of A cook @ heart
20) Povitica from Rajani of My kitchen trials
21) Coconut barfi from Ameena of Amina creations
22) Narkel nadu from Deepa of hamari Rasoi
23) Til Ke Chawal/ Sesame Rice from Lubna of Yummy food
24) Sweet corn Puran poli from Jayashri of Samayalarai
25) Coconut macaroons from Deepika of My life and spice
27) Sodhi from Veena’s of Taste fully veggie
28) Somaas / Somasi from Radhika of Tickling palates
From Saffronstreaks , we brought you one sweet and savory coconut recipes
Coming to the most important part of the event : the winners ….
well we have two winners selected from Random.org
The winners are Kaveri of Palakkad Chamayal and Anusha of Tomato blues.
Congratulation to both of you, and you will be receiving either of the two books sponsored by Siri
Awarded Best Vegetarian Cookbook in the World 2006, this book features traditional recipes by documenting the culinary legacy of an illustrious Indian grandmother.
Winner of Best Health & Nutrition Book in the World 2009 – Second Place, this Indian cookbook is a guide to healthy eating & has been researched at Kerala Ayurveda & Yoga retreat near Pune.
Kaveri and Anusha please email me your mailing / postal addresses which I will forward to Siri for the shipment of these books.
We enjoyed very much hosting this wonderful event and stay tuned for more recipes
Have a good day