Since the dawn of civilization, legumes remains an integral part of human dietary needs, perhaps the oldest plants on Earth, its origins may be traceable before 6000 b.c, rich in protein it nourishes the human race since ages.
To celebrate this quintessential protein rich grains we @ Saffronstreaks have the honor to guest host this ever popular event MLLA # 54 which is the brainchild of Susan of Well Seasoned Cook , an event that revolves around legumes only.
# Hence we are inviting only legume centric recipes, where legumes are the star and not any subordinates. So obviously a spoonful of legumes in a recipe will not be considered as a valid entry to the event. However you are free to whip up any legume based recipe across culture, courses with or without meat, anything that fancy you is welcome.
# We are also aware of the meaning of the term legume in French where it denotes any vegetables but here we would like to consider legume in its widely accepted or known meaning as in beans, lentils or pulses. Just to give you an idea (not any exhaustive list though) of what should be considered as legumes for this event
- Any fresh or dried beans
- Soy beans and their derivatives like tofu
- Garbanzo beans / chickpeas and their derivatives like besan
- Tamarind, fenugreek, carob and peanuts etc
# You can submit multiple recipes to the event but only one entry will be considered toward the random drawing.
# Want to send us the archived entry to us, you are welcome to do that provided you have updated the post with this logo and the announcement and reposted it as current.
# Not a blogger and has recipes to share with us , we heartily welcomes such enthusiasts . Just email me your name, location, recipe with re-sized photo to 400 px and other applicable information and we will add you up in the final roundup and yes you will have chances to win the giveaways too.
# For the bloggers – send your recipes to us – saffronstreaks at gmail dot com with the following details :
- Your name and name of your blog
- Title of the recipe and URL of the recipe post
- Picture of your dish resize to 400 px wide.
- Location is necessary for the second prize and if you do not want to share it with the world, we respect your privacy.
# The recipe post must be linked to this announcement page as well as to Susan’s Well seasoned Cook.
# The deadline is Monday, December 31 2012 PST.
# Lastly, the use of logo is optional but who wouldn’t love to include such a beautiful logo in their post designed by Susan herself.
# The schedule roundup will be in the first week of January, 2013.
The following prizes will be awarded to one winner by random drawing –
1) The New Food Lover’s Companion This prize is offered by Susan without influence at her expense, and she will also absorb worldwide shipping charges. F.T.C. Notice: Susan does not receive any compensation from Amazon.
2) Hurst Bean Box – A case of six bags of the winner’s choice of Hurst Bean products, suitable for every diet, sponsored by Hurst Bean. (Due to shipping restrictions, this prize can only be awarded if the winner is a U.S. resident.) F.T.C. Notice: In May 2010, Susan, at her request, received two Hurst Bean complimentary products which are not available for purchase in her local markets. Susan does not generally accept free products from Hurst Bean nor is she financially compensated by them.
3) Drawing Structure – If the winner is a U.S. resident, she/he will be the recipient of both Prizes 1 and 2 above. In the event that an international winner is drawn, a second drawing will be conducted from the U.S. pool of entrants to ensure that the Hurst Prize is awarded every month. In these instances, the international winner will receive the book, and the U.S. winner will receive the Hurst Prize.
For any queries regarding the event rules or anything related, do drop us a mail at the above mentioned email id, we will try to response at our earliest.
Best wishes and looking forward to your wonderful entries