As you all know that we at Saffronstreaks are celebrating two golden years of food and travel blogging, first a chocolate cupcake to celebrate the occasion and now a giveaway for our readers…and with this we feel extremely pleased to announce our second event on Seasonal Indulgence series – Monsoon medley.
After the huge success of our first event – summer coolers, we are bringing you the next edition on the series Monsoon medley, an event to celebrate the different moods of monsoon…Summer brings lots of fresh flavours, and enjoyment and as the hottest days of the season begins to reach its peak, we long for rains…and as soon the dark clouds starts mushrooming in the horizon… it brings cheers to our face, a smile of hope…and when it rains it pours incessantly…pitter….patter….pat…days after days…
“Sullen clouds are gathering fast over the black fringe of the
O child, do not go out!
The palm trees in a row by the lake are smiting their heads
against the dismal sky; the crows with their dragged wings are
silent on the tamarind branches, and the eastern bank of the river
is haunted by a deepening gloom.” by R.Tagore who beautifully captures the onset of monsoon with his words.
As the rain drops glides down the window panes in some musical forms, and the howling sounds of winds sends shiver down the spine…we long for some comfort and coziness and what soothes our soul better than a cup of chai and some hot and spicy pakoras….
So do tell us how you love to enjoy the monsoon with your favourite masala chai / coffee and …..??? . We would love to hear from you.
Coming to the most interesting part of the event , giveaway – winner will get a book of my most favourite chef Sanjeev Kapoors’ book : Monsoon Medley. Here is a glimpse of the book.
Now, coming to the simple rules of the event : monsoon medley
1) Link back to this announcement page, which is mandatory
2) Usage of logo will be appreciated, as it will help to spread the word.
3) Dish out your favourite recipes of snacks / starters / appetizers / pakoras / fritters etc that you think will go with the monsoon theme and you would like to have with tea / coffee..
4) Both veg and non-veg recipes are allowed and archived entries are also accepted provided you reposted it with the link to this announcement page.
5) Send me the details with : blog name and url ; recipe name and url; image title and url @ saffronstreaksDotGmailDotcom
6) This event is open to Non-bloggers too, send with the above details.
5) It will be a random draw, so you can try your luck here.
6) Last date for the entries till 10 th September 2011.
Rules for the giveaway :
1) Subscribe to the saffronstreaks feeds or subscribe through valid e-mail
2) Follow saffronstreaks on Network blogs or like us in Facebook page.
3) Provide an Indian shipping address for the giveaway
4) Please leave a comment below to let us know how you are eligible for the giveaway.
Note : those who are eligible for the giveaway has to send a recipe for the event too.
And last, do not forget to e-mail me the details after linking your recipe. 🙂
Lets the fun begins with the monsoon beats and am sure my blogger friends and readers will support me this time too.
Thanks and have a good weekend