This is the first blog event ever hosted by saffronstreaks and we feel extremely pleased to announce the event :
seasonal indulgence – series summer coolers
The theme for the event is seasonal indulgence and the first series on this event is summer coolers.
A brief note on the theme: Seasonal indulgence or eating right with the seasons is a concept which is being followed by the humans since the dawn of civilization. The obvious reasons behind it is that a given food type is at its peak during a particular season, laden with nutrients and flavour at its best which usually coincide with its harvest season too. So the fruits and veggies do differ as per the seasons, and so the cooking techniques.
In the early centuries in Europe it was quiet fashionable to eat with seasons and it becomes a conscious social event too. In traditional medicinal practices, temperatures has been recognized as one of the major influences on our health, so in hot seasons when the body dehydrated fast we tend to eat lots of fresh fruits and drinks which complements the effect and keep the body cool. Similarly in cold weathers, we tend to eat warm and hot soups & stews which keeps our immune system and metabolism functionally optimal.
But with the onset of revolutions in food technology, the produce are made available throughout the year in frozen forms, processed foods, canned /tinned, and in cold storages. It is very convenient for our ultra modern lifestyles but are they really good for health ? Share your views with us and do indulge seasonally as we are bringing you up the first on this series : Summer Coolers.
Rules for the event : which are same like the other food blog events. So just have a casual look into this.
- Please send your summer coolers which usually includes fruit mocktails, coolers / drinks, smoothies, fruit punch, vegetable juices and so on.
- Please do not send alcoholic versions of mocktails.
- Please use fresh fruits and vegetables to make the summer coolers, no canned / tinned and frozen fruits / vegetables.
- Archived entries are allowed if they are updated and reposted with the link to this event.
- Using the logo in the post is mandatory and will be highly appreciated as it will helps to spread the word.
- Link your entries to this event announcement page.
- Any number of entries are allowed.
- Last date for sending the summer coolers are May 31, 2011. Round up will be posted on 1st week of June 2011, unless otherwise stated.
- Open to both bloggers and non-bloggers residing anywhere on this planet.
Once posted, mail me your entries to :
- firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Name of the participant
- Blogs name & url
- Recipe name & url
- Photos of the dish reduced to size under 50kb
- Non-bloggers can send their recipes furnishing the detail with recipe name and participant name along with the photos of the dish.
So enjoy the summer and chill out with your favourite summer coolers.
Since this is my first event and so am anticipating a good response. Please do take part here to make it successful.