Update : New Durga Puja venue in southern Bangalore – now people of Kanakpura do not have to travel anywhere to enjoy Durga puja, from this year October 2012 KARBA will be celebrating its first Durga puja and here are the details:
Other Info / USP
We will have more then 15 Food Stalls ( Indian, Chinese, Bengali, South Indian specialities) and 10 Non food stalls ( Jewellery, apparel, cothings )
Top 10 brands of India will be at the Venue. Expecting 5000+ footfall/day
Saffronstreaks wishes everyone who stops by a very happy Navratri and Durga puja
The azure blue autumn sky, the kaash flowers swaying in gentle breeze, mild scent of shiuli , dhaaker taal, dhunuchi naach, pushpanjali, pujo, natun saree, pujor gaan, bhoger khichuri, bonhomie, dream food are what Durga puja brings to the mind of every true blue Bengali…a homecoming, infused a new leash of life battered from the mundane lifestyle…invokes joy, happiness, festivity, togetherness.
For the first time, I wont be in India to get soaked in these madness…what we fondly called celebration of fest and feast. Here in Boston, we had chalked out two or three Durga Puja which we are planning to hop this weekend and the next one.
Scroll down for Durga Puja Bangalore venues 2011 and google map links
Durga puja in Boston , MA
a) Prabasi of New England celebrating on 1st and 2nd October
This is one of the oldest Durga puja in Boston and this year the puja is being organised in Needham School.
b) Bangla -o-biswa celebrating on 1st and 2nd October in Littleton school
c) Bengalees of New England celebrating on 8th and 9th October
Back in Bangalore, the city is slowly gearing up to the tune of dhaak, amidst all the political instability, and un predictable rains.
Here are some quick updates of this year Durga puja in Bangalore 2011 with google map link:
View durga puja bangalore 2011 in a larger map
1) Bengalee Association ( the famed Ulsoor puja) is one of the oldest and the biggest Durga puja in Bangalore and they are celebrating it in Gaytri Vihar, Palace grounds near Mekhri circle. Indian Blue and Bangla band Dhumketu will perform there.
2) Jayamahal Sarbojanin Durga puja organize by Jayamahal Ladies Club near Jayamahal park in Nandidurga road. Bangla band Cactus will perform there on 3rd October.
3) R.T.Nagar durga puja in Patel’s Inn near White house complex in R.T.Nagar.
4) Indiranagar Durga Puja organize by Socio-Cultural Association at Defence colony playground, Cambridge Layout. This puja is in its 43rd year and is located at the junction between 80 feet road and 100 feet road, HAL 2nd stage.
5) Koramangala Durga Puja organize by Sarathi Socio-Cultural trust at Mangala kalyana mantapa opposite Prassanna Ganesha temple on 80 feet road, koramangala 8th block. This puja is in its 9th year and is one of the biggest crowd puller of all the puja. Kavita Krishnamurti and Indian Blue will perform there.
New Addition : Bengalee in Bangalore at BTM layout 2nd stage at AICOBOO association ground opp Udupi garden signal behind BP petrol bunk.
If there are any new addition this year or change in the venues, do let us know, we will be happy to append it.
a) Brookefield Durga puja by Poorva Bangalore Cultural Association at VSR convention hall, opposite HLL, close to Cafe Coffee Day.
b) Whitefield Durga puja by Whitefield Cultural Association at Chetan building, close to Nilgiri.
c) Marthahalli Durga puja at Munnekolala near Marthahalli bridge.
d) Banaswadi Durga puja by Bengalee Cultural Union at Sitaram kalyana mantapa on Banaswadi main road near Uttam Sagar restaurant.
e) Sarjapur Durga puja by Sarjapur Outer Ring Road Bengalee Association at sun city playground, ORR junction.
f) Koramangala puja by Sarathi Socio Cultural Forum at Muni Reddy kalyana mantapa , 6th block Koramangala.
g) Attibelle Durga puja by Bangalore Rural Association near Attibelle bus terminal circle.
h) Malleshwaram Durga puja by Probashi Association at canara bank union hall, 8th main, 13th cross.
i) Sanjaynagar Durga puja by Antaranga Bengali Cultural Association at Ramana Maharshi center for learning near foodworld.
j) Nandini layout Durga puja by North Bangalore Cultural Association at “mandir”, 8A, FTI colony, Nandini layout near bus terminus.
k) Yellahanka Durga puja by Vivekananda Cultural Association at Sheshadripuram 1st grade college campus, NewTown , Yellahanka.
l) Corporation Circle Durga puja beside Geo Hotel near Hudson circle.
m) Durga Puja at Air Force Base – Jalahalli (east and west); Mekhri circle, command hospital, cambridge layout; murgeshpalya near wind tunnel.
There are almost 30-40 medium and small scale Durga puja held in various corners of the city with one or two new addition every year.
Food festivals to celebrate Navratri and Durga puja in Bangalore:
1) Flavouratri @ South Indies to celebrate Navratri from Sep-28 to Oct 06, 2011
2) Karnataka food festival @ Bonsouth from Sept-23 to Oct 02, 2011
3) Navratri food festival @ Malgudi – the Savera Hotels group from Sep-28 to Oct 06, 2011
From saffronstreaks, we would like to offer these Authentic Bengali cuisine to celebrate the fervor of Durga puja :
For Maha Astami : the vegetarians can relish on
For Maha Navami : the Non-Veg fare includes:
Enjoy and have fun