After a while… I am back here in my own little space. In the past year I had somehow managed to keep the stove warm enough so that you can enjoy the sporadic posts that I had manged to throw in here and there randomly.
Six weeks back a little angel has arrived in our home and she has changed our lives forever. We are now proud parent of our sweet angel, yes we are blessed with a baby girl. So in between spending sleepless nights, changing diapers, singing lullaby and searching Mozart for the babies, here is another post that will definitely find you in good and cheerful spirit.
Cobbler are essentially simple and hassle free dessert that you can whip up in no time. Just arrange your favorite fruits in a baking dish, throw in some melted butter with sugar, flour, milk and some spices to enhance the flavour and then bake it till bubbly and beautiful. Its your choice to give it pie like crust or runny enough with juices flowing through the soft crust that crumbles under the slightest pressure of the finger. You can have it alone but it is customary to serve it with icecream or lots of whipped fresh cream. Cream, juicy berries and cake like crust is all that defines a cobbler, a favourite summertime dessert for many. And when you have basket full of farm fresh handpicked berries , a cobbler is must to enjoy the summer fruits, be it with peaches, apples or berries.
If you happen to live somewhere in North Carolina, then you will find lots of berry farms which allows you to pick your own berries. A favourite summer time weekend adventure with kids that parents can enjoy and also I feel it is important for the kids to know that fruits doesn’t grows in supermarkets, they grows in trees.
- Fresh blackberries : 2 cup
- Sugar: 1 cup
- All-purpose flour: 2 cup
- Baking powder: ½ tsp
- Ground Cinnamon : ¼ tsp
- Salt : 1 tsp
- Milk : 1 cup
- Butter, melted : ½ cup
- In a bowl, stir together blackberries and sugar. Let it stand for about half an hour or until fruit syrup forms. Refer the picture.
- In large bowl, sift the flour with baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon. Stir in the milk and the melted butter until well blended.
- Spread the flour mixture in ungreased 8-inch pan. Spread the blackberry sugar mixture over the batter evenly.
- In a preheated oven bake the cobbler at 375 F for 45 to 55 minutes or until dough rises and is golden. Serve warm with ice cream or freshly whipped cream.