It is the perspective that matters ! So what if ” there is no pause in the march of the universe, no breathless moment of silence among created things that the passage of another twelve months may be noted; and yet no man has quite the same thoughts this evening that come with the coming of darkness on other nights ” ~Hamilton Wright Mabie
Beginning a new year on a sweet note, chocolate banana oat muffins, healthy delicious and power packed ! There is no final word when it comes to matter of taste, last year two over ripe bananas has changed my attitude towards them, if you do not like to eat them as fruit, use it in baking, bananas are absolutely brilliant when it comes to baking, my second tryst in the series and once again fell in love with it completely. It is full package of flavour, taste and texture and above all it is butter free !
Make these muffins in batches and you can enjoy them as breakfast muffins, or in light lunches, sometimes with afternoon coffee and they are equally great to carry on road trips, mountain biking or hiking. In short enjoy them whenever and whenever you wish to ! Definitely a healthy way to indulge ! And oh yes ! January being the national oat month, its time to detox !
Recipe: Chocolate banana oat muffins
Summary: Chocolate banana oat muffins – the healthy way to indulge
- All purpose flour : 1 cup
- Baking powder : 1 tsp
- Baking soda : 1/2 tsp
- Unsweetened cocoa : 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar : 1/4 cup +
- Honey : 1/4 cup
- Oats (regular) : 1 cup +
- Sour cream : 1/4 cup +
- Large egg : 1
- Ripe bananas : 2 (mashed)
- Canola oil : 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven at 400 F.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and set it aside.
- Mash the bananas with the help of a fork, mash it really well.
- In a large bowl sift the flour with baking powder and baking soda.
- Sift the cocoa in it.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, and add the sugar and honey.
- Mix it well and add the mashed bananas and oil, blend it well.
- Now add these wet ingredients mixture into the dry bowl that has flour and cocoa in it.
- Fold it well with cutting action, till few lumps remains.
- Scoop out the muffin mixture into the prepared muffin pan and level the top.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 400 F for 20 minutes, until the skewer comes clean.
- Cool the muffins in a pan for couple of minutes before taking them out.
- Cool the muffins on a wire rack.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie
Number of yield : 12
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Hope you have enjoyed it !