In the previous post I have expressed concern over Google’s feedburner stats, it has now become visibly clear that Google has chosen to shut down the API after years of neglecting it. I have just come across this article in Tech Crunch, and how things will shape up in the future for the bloggers and websites, remains to see. And don’t forget you can always connect with saffronstreaks through our FB page : https://www.facebook.com/saffronstreaks
Having said that there is one more small news I would love to share with you all. Your’s truly Saffronstreaks has got special mention in “Bluestar top 100 foodie bloggers of 2012“ and that makes us so happy ! I know it is not a big deal but that someone has appreciated our effort in making this blog delicious is definitely a big deal for us !
So a small celebration time with our first tryst in eggless baking – we bring you simple and basic eggless chocolate cake with real simple chocolate frosting. I love eggs and I love eggs in baking too, actually am not very much into eggless baking, but at times situation perplexed me when I wished, I should have known some eggless baking too !
This recipe of eggless chocolate cake will definitely suits people who are allergic to eggs and has other dietary restrictions. I have adapted the recipe from none other than “Joy of Baking” , and to bring my personal touch into this I have added real pieces of dark and bitter chocolate in to it, first to enhance its flavour and second to make it extra moist. This is very snacky kind of cake, not any fancy torte, it can be enjoyed with simple dusting of sugar or with chocolate frosting. I deliberately reserve my chocolate ganache for the tortes, hence this time with real simple chocolate frosting with few colorful sprinkles all over it.
Recipe: Eggless chocolate cake with simple chocolate frosting
Summary: This is a eggless chocolate cake recipe with real chocolate pieces to enhance its flavour and to make the cake extra moist.
- All purpose flour : 1 cup
- Granulated sugar : 1/2 cup +
- Cocoa (dutch processed) : 1/4 cup
- Baking powder : 1 tbsp
- Salt : 1/4 tsp
- Unsalted butter : 1/2 cup melted
- Warm water : 1 cup
- Pure Vanilla extract : 1 tsp
- Real chocolate pieces : 1 oz (around 30 gm)
- For Chocolate frosting:
- Margarine / butter (melted) : 3 tbsp
- Cocoa powder : 2 -3 tbsp
- Heavy cream or cream cheese : 3 tbsp
- Semi sweet chocolate chips : 1/4 cup
How to make the eggless chocolate cake :
- Pre heat oven to 350 F .
- Grease and flour a 6 * 2 inch round cake pan.
- In a bowl sift the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder together.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and add the melted chocolate into the butter .
- Add them to the flour -cocoa bowl.
- Add the vanilla extract and water too.
- With the help of a fork, mix all the ingredients until well blended.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake on a pre heated oven for 30 minutes.
- The cake should be springy to touch or check it with a cake tester which should comes clean.
- Remove from the oven and palce on a wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate frosting :
- Whisk together the melted butter / margarine with cocoa powder.
- Add the cream cheese or heavy cream and whisk them till well blended.
- Add the sugar, melted chocolate chips and whisk them really well until the desired consistency is acheived.
- Spread the chocolate frosting all over the cooled cake with the help of a icing spatula and level it.
- Sprinkle the colorful sprinkles all over the cake and serve at room temperature.
This recipe is for 6 *2 inch round cake pan.
You can use oil in place of butter.
And do not over beat the batter, otherwise you will get crack on top of the cake as shown in the pictures.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 3
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Thank you for all the love and support
Happy Baking and have a Good Day