“Stressed spelled backward is dessert ” Coincidence ! I think not ! “
This week we will feature two summer special chilled dessert and yes both will be no bake treat !
Back in my own country, summers are highlighted by incredible variety of fresh and juicy mangoes. Being a devout chocolate lover by birth I was never a fan of fruit desserts, but over the years the seamless transgression of classic dessert soaked in fruity flavours has able to change my approach towards the dessert. My imagination was limited to a basic fruit custard that my Ma used to make during summers. Other than that, seasonal fruits we usually enjoyed it as raw, sometimes plucked right from the tree itself.
Staying in a new country brings fresh ideas to the mind, broadens the outlook and has opened a world of delectable dessert which were not heard of before. New fruits began to find their place in my fruit basket and with the fresh bounty of summer season I learned to make dessert, baked or no baked, doesn’t matter but when temperature soars to 100 degree, it would be nice idea to have some chilled dessert in the fridge, just the same way some of you might enjoyed a chilled beer !
This strawberry dessert is ridiculously simple and good. In other words an incarnation of strawberry smoothie into no bake cake.
Smoothie cake would be a better term ! Dont you think so !
As the temperature soars, let your imaginations elevated to a new high, chances are that you might find yourself immersed in world of smoothie cakes !
A healthy and delicious way to indulge in summer, instead of gelatin you can use agar agar too in the recipe.
This recipe has been inspired from this beautiful blog called Cooking Melangary
- Greek plain yogurt : 1 cup
- Fresh strawberries : 2 cups
- Gelatin powder : 1 tsp or one sachet
- Half and half or light cream or milk : ¼ cup
- Heavy cream : ¼ cup
- Honey : 2 tbsp
- Berries or other fruits to serve with
- Soak the gelatin in 4 tablespoon of water.
- Puree the fresh strawberries, yogurt, honey in a blender until smooth.
- Heat the milk or cream and dissolve the soaked gelatin in it.
- Add it to the strawberry yogurt smoothie.
- Whip the heavy cream until it holds its shape.
- Fold the whipped cream into the strawberry smoothie.
- Pour the mixture into a 6 inch springform pan or a lined 6 inch regular cake pan.
- Chill (no freeze) the cake in the refrigerator for 5 hours or overnight.
- Serve it with fresh berries or warm berry sauce.
Adding whipped cream is not must in the recipe, I have added it for extra lightness and airy texture.
Touching 100 ! Drink plenty of water . Stay hydrated !