With immense pleasure I am announcing a very popular event – healing foods, a very creative and wonderful event started by Siri of cooking with Siri. I would like to extend my warm wishes to Siri for starting and making this wonderful event a huge success and thanks for letting me guest host this wonderful event.
October being the festive month, I have chosen Coconut as the theme and am sure my blogger friends and readers will support me in this venture too by submitting delicious desserts made by coconut or any dish of your choice.
Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals and has been used since time immemorial in diverse cultures as source of food and medicine. Am sure every one is acquainted with the medicinal properties of coconut and coconut oil and if you like you can refer this site on Coconut for more info.
A quick glance on the rules of this blog event : Healing foods ; Coconut
1) Create a vegetarian dish, based on the theme and post the same in your blog. Eggs are allowed. Non-Bloggers can send their recipes with the details mentioned below to the same email address.
2) Please link to this announcement page and the Healing food announcement page by Siri in your posts.
Usage of the logo will be appreciated.
3) Multiple entries are more than welcome – more the merrier!
4) You can send previously blogged entries or archives, provided they are updated with the logo and link to this announcement page.
5) You can use Coconut in any form like : tender coconut , or coconut water (any refreshing drink) , coconut milk, scraped coconut or dry coconut powder. Cooking in just coconut oil will not be considered for the event.
6) Announcing special giveaways sponsored by Siri – beautiful books by Jigyasa & Pratibha of Pritya Books and two lucky winners (randomly selected by me) will win the following award-winning books as give-aways. Also, one could use these vegetarian cookbooks as unforgettable gifts for their loved ones.
7) Drop a mail to – firstname.lastname@example.org with these details
- Your name and name of your blog
- Recipe and URL
- Picture of your dish.[Please re-size your images]
8 ) The last date for the entries is November 03, 2011
So, what you are waiting for, whip up something new and delicious and send to the event and win a giveaway.
Awarded Best Vegetarian Cookbook in the World 2006, this book features traditional recipes by documenting the culinary legacy of an illustrious Indian grandmother.
Winner of Best Health & Nutrition Book in the World 2009 – Second Place, this Indian cookbook is a guide to healthy eating & has been researched at Kerala Ayurveda & Yoga retreat near Pune.
The books will be shipped across the globe. So, no matter where you are, you will get a chance to experience the love of Pedatha’s cooking and goodness of Ayurveda Cooking.
Thanks a lot for supporting the Healing foods event and if you need any further clarifications, please let us know, leave a comment here or drop a mail at the above address.
Best wishes and looking forward to your wonderful entries