Roundup : herbs and flowers – banana blossom
With immense pleasure I am announcing the second event on my blog but this time I am guest hosting a very popular event – herbs and flowers in my platter, a very creative and wonderful event started by PJ of Seduce your taste buds. I would like to extend my warm wishes to PJ for starting and making this wonderful event a huge success and thanks for letting me guest host this wonderful event.
The chosen flower in the series is banana blossom.
Banana as we all know is largest herbaceous flowering plant, native to tropics of south-east Asia and are grown in hundreds of countries, loved and cherished by many, and are powerhouse of nutrients, vitamins, fibers and minerals. Banana blossom also sometimes known as banana hearts are used in South east Asian cuisines, either in salads, like Vietnamese banana flower boat salad, in stir fries, fritters and in many such dishes. These are very good source of iron, potassium and other vital nutrients.
So let it flow your creative juices and dish out something new and exciting with banana blossom, as we are waiting for your wonderful recipes.
The guidelines of the event as always are simple :
1) Cook and blog about a dish which contains banana blossom as main ingredient, you can send both veg and non-veg dishes.
2) Though this series is based on the culinary uses, you can also share the following – tips on preparing , freezing or storing them , non culinary uses that have been tried and tested by you like cosmetic uses, home remedies, crafts etc. You can also write about some interesting facts on Banana blossom.
3) Please add this announcement link, and link to PJ’s announcement page – to your post.
4) Adding the logo to your post will help spread the word.
5. Send in as many entries as you wish. Archives entries are also accepted but do
make a link to the post with both the announcements.
6. Non bloggers are also welcome to participate.
7. The last date for the entries is July15th 2011.
8. Drop a mail to – firstname.lastname@example.org with these details
- Your name and name of your blog
- Recipe and URL
- Picture of your dish.[Please re-size your images]
Thanks a lot for supporting the herbs and flowers event and if you need any further clarifications, please let us know, leave a comment here or drop a mail at the above address.
If you are in doubt how to remove and use the banana blossom, here is a link for you- Banana blossom
Best wishes and looking forward to your wonderful entries