Spicy Chicken Floss With Lemon Leaves is one of the pride of the honest people in a prosperous place. The unique flavour of the sweet and spicy chicken floss can make diners from other lands linger in their mind when coming to Vietnam.
To meet the taste of diners from far away, the chicken floss in Vietnam is increasingly diversified. Therefore, it is impossible not to mention the spicy chicken floss with lemon leaves – a modern dish but derived from tradition.
What is common Chicken Floss?
Chicken floss is a traditional Vietnamese dish that originated from the salted shredded pork. It is basically a type of floss, which can be made with various kinds of protein sources such as chicken floss, pork floss, and fish floss. Vegetarians can also have the mushroom floss.
Chicken floss is cooked with spices and a generous helping of lemon leaves until the chicken gets entirely dry.
The secret of chicken floss depends on the thinness of the chicken strands. The thinner you shred the chicken, the more beautiful your floss will appear.
The prominent flavour of chicken floss is somewhat spicy and chewy. My chicken floss with an air fryer tastes heavenly delicious and one of the best desserts you will ever make.
The spicy chicken floss in an air fryer owns a shiny golden-brown colour, when enjoying, you can feel the toughness with the sweet, spicy, salty flavours and the fragrant aroma of lemon leaves, which are very rich and attractive.
As original, chicken floss is a way of processing food to the store of Vietnamese people. To keep foods for a long time and convenient to carry , people often processed them into dried form.
Types of Chicken Floss
Spicy chicken floss with lemon leaves
Spicy chicken floss with lemon leaves is always a super hot taste in the food market. Chicken floss is aromatic fragrant combined with crispy dried lemon leaves, creating a specially delicious taste. You certainly cannot ignore this fascinating flavour.
Spicy chicken floss original
Spicy chicken floss origin is standardized on traditional flavours, with a harmonious combination of mild sweetness, moderate salinity and stimulating spices. Enjoying every strand of spicy chicken floss will help you feel the richness from quality fresh chicken.
Spicy chicken floss with chilli and citronella
A taste with a unique combination of chicken floss and citronella will be a new version for your desire. Citronella is an excellent promotion for sweetness when dried with delicious chewy chicken floss. The mild and aromatic scent of citronella and chilli will bring a unique and different experience.
How to make Spicy Chicken Floss with lemon leaves (Dried Shredded Chicken)
Making spicy chicken floss with lemon leaves involves no special techniques but takes much time, patience and precision, especially you need some expertise in shredding. This dried shredded chicken gives you a diverse taste.
Chicken marinated in sweet and salty seasonings, the spicy taste of chillies and the fragrant flavour of lemon leaves is very appealing. Enjoying every strand of chewy chicken floss in your mouth, you will be covered with the light bitterness, making the dried chicken even richer.
The fresh and chewy chicken strands are crispy dried with lemon leaves and chillies. If you fry it in the air fryer, you will get a slightly fat taste and pleasant burnt aroma. More important, the lemon leaves when served with the main ingredients will help you enjoy the full flavours.
In addition to the variety and richness in flavours it tastes, dried shredded chicken is also convenient. This significantly contributes to the popularity of this particular dessert.
First, chicken floss can be preserved for a very long time because of the characteristic of dried food. When carefully processed, it doesn’t exaggerate that it can maintain flavours and deliciousness for about 2-3 months.
To preserve the protein content and delicious tastes significantly, I suggest you use an air fryer. Although there are lots of methods of making the spicy chicken floss with lemon leaves, an air fryer is the simplest, fastest and healthiest method to prepare it. Just put your shredded chicken in the frying basket and allow the air fryer to do its task. You can have a delicious serving in minutes.
Vietnamese Spicy Chicken Floss With Lemon Leaves
- an air fryer
- a pot, a pan
- 500g chicken breast fillet
- 100 ml Chicken broth
- 70g sugar
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp cashew powder
- 1 garlic
- 2-3 shallots
- 5-10g ginger
- 3 chillies 10 dried chillies
- 15-20 lemon leaves
- 3 lemongrasses
- ½ tsp monosodium glutamate,
- 2 tsp fish sauce,
- 4 g curry powder,
- ¼ tsp five-spice powder
- Slice the lemon grasses diagonally.Cut the lemon leaves lengthwise in half or triples.Next, cut the shallots and ginger into thin slices.Then mince the garlic and chilli finely.
Boil the chicken
- After washing the chicken breast thoroughly, place it in a pot, fill it with water and add crushed shallots, sliced ginger, 3 - 4 crushed lemon leaves and a bit seasonings: 1 tsp salt, msg, pepper.
- Cover the pot and turn on the stove to heat for about 7-8 minutes. Then turn off the heat and put the lid on the pot and let it stay for about 15 minutes.
- For chicken to cool quickly and not to turn brown, after boiling the chicken, fish the chicken out and soak it in a bowl of icy water immediately.
Shred the chicken
- When the chicken has cooled completely, shred it into thin strands.
Stir-fry the chicken with added spices
- First, you fry the minced garlic using three tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When the garlic turns golden-brown, add the following spices: cashew powder, curry powder, five-spice powder, MSG, sugar, fish sauce, salt, minced chilli and chicken broth, then stir them all to blend everything together.
- Wait for the above mixture to blend, then add the chicken to stir-fry together and stir well as the chicken spices up evenly. Once you see the chicken is evenly coloured, decrease the heat to low and continue to stir.
- Wait for the water in the pan until reduced, then you add the dried chilli, lemongrass and lemon leaves and stir all together.
- Stir until the chicken is drained, and you can turn off the heat and dry it.
Dry the chicken floss in an air fryer
- At this step, you must divide the chicken into batches. Each batch you put in the air fryer and adjust the temperature to 100 degrees C for20 minutes for the first time, but 100 degrees C for 30 minutes for the second time, then you have dried it.
Tips and tricks
What is the spicy chicken floss with lemon leaves used for?
Chicken floss can be used as a savoury dish. People often enjoy this dish with rice, porridge, oats, bread, mixed with rice paper and so on.
In particular, the spicy chicken floss with lemon leaves is a very suitable drinking bait for wine and beer.
Moreover, tourists from different places comes to Vietnam to buy the spicy chicken floss with lemon leaves as gifts for their relatives and friends at home. The Vietnamese far away from their motherlands are also very happy to be presented with the chicken floss. In short, it could be a delicious dish, a gift from a hometown overseas.
Last but not least, on some special occasions like Tet (Vietnamese New Year), the spicy chicken floss with lemon leaves becomes a significant and unique gift to give to each other. This special gift must be simple, meaningful and rustic.
I’m Tu (as always called Tino), I’m a blogger from Viet Nam. I’m also a father of a little, cute girl and an IT engineer, busy all day with numbers and machines. I often spend my free time listening to music, enjoying delicious food and entering in the kitchen to do housework.
I Blog At : https://www.dowhatuloves.com