Who doesn’t love to have some cookies, the sugary, buttery and the utterly delicious which can be baked in every form and flavor ever known to man, and you ought to bake some fresh ones when it is Holiday or Christmas season. You call it tradition or an integral relationships, but cookies are very much part of this season, they are the reason to bring smile and cheers on every gloomy faces.
I baked these rosemary cookies a week ago, the buttery taste was simply delicious and the flavor of rosemary was simply irresistible with a hint of lemon. When I cut the rolled out cookie dough into little flowers and hearts, they looks so cute and am sure they will melt you in moments.
This recipe calls for 4 tablespoon of lemon juice, and that initially puts me into dilemma whether to go with it or not as I was worrying about the overpowering flavor of lemon, but believe me they simply turn out too good. So, just go with this and am sure you will love every bit of it.
- Butter : 2 tbsp
- Sugar (granulated) : 4 tbsp
- Lemon rind (grated) : 1 tbsp
- lemon juice : 4 tbsp
- Egg (separated) : 1 large
- Rosemary (fresh and finely chopped) : 2 tsp
- All-purpose flour : 1½ cup
- Sugar (superfine) : for sprinkling
- Lightly grease the cookie sheets with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the lemon rind and juice, then the egg yolk and beat until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chopped fresh rosemary.
- Add the sifted flour, mixing well until a soft dough is formed.
- Wrap the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough thinly and stamp out about 25 cookies with a 2½ inch cookie cutter.
- Arrange the cookies on the prepared cookie sheets.
- In a small bow, lightly beat the egg white. Gently brush the egg white over the surface of each cookie, then sprinkle with a little superfine sugar, if desired.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and cool completely before serving.