Ultimate double chocolate brownie hearts for today and always … Wishing you all a Happy Valentine’s day, I know this sounds so hackneyed, love doesn’t needs a reason nor a day to celebrate but it feels good to make a day special for someone you love, and may be today is that precious day, so why not celebrating it on your own little way.
Brownie may not arrest too many attentions, being popular and present in so many avatars, and every one seems to vouch for their secret recipes, but this is something that DH love, give him brownie in any flavour, any time, any day, and …. will be …..;) ha..ha…
So I thought of baking this brownie hearts specially for him, though I have tried the usual fudge brownie before, but this time I wanted to make it different. And I landed here , for first few minutes, I was just glued to the screen, drooling… and as she described it as beautiful, ridiculous, indulgent, outrageous and totally insane….it slowly consumed me !
So, here we goes with our house special double chocolate brownies which has been inspired from this decadent brownie dessert, a chocolate chip cookie dough layered with fudge brownie batter interlaced with white and dark chocolate chunks, top it with chocolate fudge sauce if you wish to.
Recipe: Ultimate double chocolate brownie hearts
- Chocolate chip cookie dough batter : 1 1/2 cup
- White and dark chocolate chunks : 1 bar each or more
- For Brownie batter:
- Bitter sweet chocolate ( I have used Lindt dark chocolate) : 150 gm
- Unsalted butter : 1 stick (1/2 cup)
- Cocoa powder : 2-3 tbsp ( I have used Godiva un-sweetened cocoa)
- Sugar (granular) : 1 cup
- Eggs : 2 large
- Vanilla extract : 1 tsp
- All purpose flour : 3/4 cup
- Salt : 1/4 tsp
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease a non-stick 9*9 square pan.
Prepare the fudge brownie batter:
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and add the softened butter to it.
- Sift the flour and cocoa together.
- Beat the eggs separately with vanilla extract in it.
- Add sugar to the molten chocolate, mix it well till the sugar dissolves completely, add the flour-cocoa mix and salt to the bowl of molten chocolate. Blend them well till you see no lumps.
- Pour the chocolate chip cookie dough batter in the prepared pan and level it.
- Arrange the dark and white chocolate pieces over the layer.
- Pour half of the brownie batter and level it.
- Repeat the chocolate layer and pour the remaining brownie batter and level it.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minute.
Culinary tradition: USA
Now that you have seen my inspiration, you must have wondered why I omit the Oreos from the recipe ???
I treasure the Oreos for something more sinful and indulgent, do not believe me ehh..wait until tomorrow, surprise..surprise…will be shortly back, just finished baking and shooting…come tomorrow for the real visual treat !!!
This post is linked to Valentines Special, Valentines Day Event, Sweet Love hosted by Vardhini and Dish for loved ones by Srav’s Culinary Concepts and Sweet Somethings , Radhika’s lets cook sweets and Srivalli’s Chocolate mela and Sumee’s Bonvivant